Application for S1 Discretionary Places (2024-25)
1. Application period: 2 -16 January 2024
2. Form submission to school: Mon-Fri (08:00 -17:00) Sat (09:00-12:30)
3. Application form and supporting documents:
3.1 The application form can be obtained from the school office or downloaded HERE.
3.2 Submission of the completed form and supporting documents can be made:
a. in person to the school office or
b. via the SSPA-ePlatform of the Education Bureau.
For details, please visit https://www.edb.gov.hk/en/edu-system/primary-secondary/spa-systems/secondary-spa/general-info/.
3.3 Documents to be submitted include:
a. Application Form for S1 Discretionary Place issued by EDB
b. A photocopy of the HKID card (If applicant was not born in Hong Kong, a proof that the applicant has the right of abode (e.g. one-way permit) is needed.)
c. Photocopies of school reports for P.5
d. Photocopies of school reports for P.6 (First Term) (if any)
e. Photocopies of relevant certificates, awards and/or proof of extra-curricular activities (only the 5 most representative items obtained from primary 4 to primary 6)
* Please clarify fill the correspondence address to avoid postal delay.
* Recommendation letters from primary schools are not required.
B．Admission Criteria & Weighting
Interview (including conduct, extra-curricular activities, awards & performance)
1. All applicants will be granted an interview.
2. The interview will be held on 24 February 2024 (Sat). Any amendments to the date of interview will be posted on the school webpage.
3. Applicants should bring along the notification of interview and be accompanied by a parent / parents for the interview.
4. No written test will be arranged. The interview will be conducted in both English and Cantonese.
5. The interview questions are related to the daily life of the applicants. In Part 1 of the interview, applicants will give a self-introduction in English and questions testing common sense, communication and problem-solving skills may be asked. In Part 2, the interviewer(s) will conduct a conversation with the applicant and his / her parent(s) so as to know the applicant better.
1. The number of discretionary places in 2024-2025 is 40.
2. According to the existing SSPA mechanism, the Application Form for Secondary One Discretionary Place, once submitted, cannot be retrieved or cancelled, and no change can be made to the order of school preference.
3. Parents of successful applications will receive notification from school by letter and phone on 27 March 2024 (Wed).
4. The results of the Central Allocation will be announced by the Education Bureau on 9 July 2024 (Tue).